Gateway Psychological Services will be offering Autism Spectrum Disorder Assessments (speech pathology and psychology) for children through to adults in the coming weeks. Please contact reception for further details.
Clinical & Neuro Psychologists Perth
What we can help with
At Gateway Psychological Services, we are committed to treating a variety of conditions to help people overcome life’s challenges. Our team of experienced psychologists can give you the tools you need to understand and overcome difficulties and issues, so you can take control of your health and wellbeing.
We help people achieve emotional wellbeing and overcome their problems with a variety of effective therapy techniques and tools.
Our psychologists understand that everyone is different and will construct a plan to help you manage your mental health obstacles.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Our licensed clinical psychologists in Perth offer therapy and counselling for a range of issues, building on a foundation of years of study of the human brain, development, personality, emotions, and behaviour.
We help people who are experiencing difficulties with their thinking, emotions, and behaviour.
Child & Adolescent Psychology
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Our experienced team of neuropsychologists are trained in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of conditions affecting the brain.
We help patients with a variety of conditions by considering medical, personal, and psychological factors, and using scientifically validated tools to assess and understand the real-life manifestation of brain dysfunction.
Learning Disorders (ADHD, Autism)
Acquired Brain Injury
Forensic (legal) Assessments
How does it work?
Schedule an appointment
The first step to overcoming your problems is making an appointment.
Make an appointment either online or through our friendly receptionist.
Once a plan has been determined and agreed upon, you will work with your psychologist using the most relevant and effective techniques.
Together, you will agree upon the length and frequency of your sessions.
Your customised treatment plan will allow you to manage any current and future issues with confidence.
Our psychologists will be with you every step of the way – your wellbeing is our priority.
Why choose Gateway Psychological Services?
We are an engaging, friendly and approachable practice that works with you to improve your overall quality of life. Gateway Psychology enables you to experience confidence and control while improving your overall quality of life.
- People – Our team of psychologists is qualified, approachable, and friendly. All practitioners are registered with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Board. We are committed to helping you achieve your goals.
- Tools – We utilise an assortment of effective, applicable, scientifically validated tools and techniques to address your challenges and empower you to overcome your issues.
- Results – To overcome your hardships and take control, you must be willing to make changes and succeed. Our practitioners work to the best of their abilities to ensure that you get lasting, life-changing results.
Meet our Psychologists
Gateway psychological services is committed to providing the highest quality of psychological services within a friendly and welcoming environment. Our Psychologists are extensively trained at the Doctoral level in both Clinical Psychology and Clinical Neuropsychology.
Dr Kate Elliott
- Bachelor of Arts Psychology (minor in Children and Family Studies) – Edith Cowan University 2004
- Postgraduate Diploma Psychology – Murdoch University 2005
- Masters Degree in Community Development – Curtin University 2006
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and Clinical Neuropsychology – University of Western Australia 2012
Areas of Interest
- Generalized Anxiety
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Social Anxiety
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Post-natal depression
- Adult survivors of abuse
- Emotional abuse
Assessments to assist with;
- Returning to the Workplace after Accident
- Traumatic Brain injury (work place accidents, car accidents, victims of crime)
- Acquired Brain Injury (strokes, cancer recovery, drug use)
- Intellectual disability / ability testing
- Dyslexia – i.e. Specific Learning disorders
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Magistrates Conference WA, 2010
- Neuropsychology and Offending
- Department of Corrective Services 2010
- Traumatic Brain Injury – The Hidden Disability
- Perth Drug Court 2010
- Neuropsychology and Subtance Use
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours in Psychology), UWA 2004
- Graduate Diploma in Education (School Psychology and Special Needs Education), UWA 2005
- Autism Assessor – trained to international assessment standards by Disability Services Commission in 2008
Juanita is a highly regarded psychologist with extensive experience in developmental disorders. Juanita has almost 20 years of practice in the areas of disability, educational psychology and more recently as a NDIS service provider.
Juanita specialises in assessments for Autism Spectrum Disorder, Dyslexia and Academic (Gifted) individuals, 18 months of age through to adulthood.
She is highly experienced in the provision of Psychological Therapy for social skills, emotional regulation and behaviour management in individuals with developmental disorders. Another area of interest for Juanita is treating anxiety and perfectionism for children and adolescents with giftedness.
Juanita is dedicated to helping clients with developmental difficulties to improve their quality of life by reaching their full potential.
- Autism Assessment
- Dyslexia Assessments
- Gifted/ Academic Assessments
- Specialising in children, adolescents and adults with developmental disorders
- Social skills
- Emotional Regulation
- Behaviour Management
- Bachelor of Science BSc ( Human Communication Science), Curtin University of Technology, completed 2001
- Trained as Behaviour Support Clinician from 2011. Worked at DSC and private practice as a Behaviour Support Clinician from 2011 till present
- Completed rigorous Trained Autism Assessor at Disability Services Commission 2009 – worked as part of DSC Eligibility Team to complete Diagnostic Assessments from that date 2009 till 2015, completing Private Autism Diagnostic Assessment from 2017-present (ongoing)
- Worked as Speech Pathologist and Managed speech pathology departments in Perth metro area regional WA areas and in the United Kingdom in both the public and private sector and in hospital, community and educational settings for 18 years
Areas of Interest
- Autism Spectrum Disorder – all through the lifespan
- Disabilities and Additional needs – children, adolescents and adults
- Hanen trained Early Intervention
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication ( Low tech forms right through to provision and prescription of High Tech alternatives
- Positive Behaviour Support
- Parent child Interaction and coaching
- Developmental Language Delay
- Speech Disorders
- Supporting children with speech and language impairments in schools
- Supervision and mentoring of newer speech pathologists or those wishing to extend their practice in a speciality area
Counselling Psychologist Registrar
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology, Criminology, and Justice) – Edith Cowan University
- Bachelor of Psychology – Curtin University
- Master of Psychology (Counselling)- Curtin University
Areas of Interest (Children and adolescent only)
- Bullying and peer issues
- Low self esteem
- Gender and sexuality issues
- Trauma related disorders
- Relationship difficulties and family conflict
- Personality disorders
- Sexual and physical abuse
- Children and adolescent therapy
Clinical Psychology Registrar
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) 1st Class Honours 2013 – Edith Cowan University
- Master of Applied Psychology (Clinical) 2017 – Murdoch University
- Australian Psychological Society
- Golden Key Honour Society
- Australian Clinical Psychology Association
- International Association for Youth Mental Health
Areas of Interest
- Sleep Difficulties
- Mood disordersGeneralised Anxiety
- Anxiety Disorders (panic, specific phobia, GAD, social anxiety)
- Grief and loss
- Relationship difficulties
- Study difficulties including procrastination
- Stress management
- Eating disorders
Works with children, adolescents, and adults.
Available after hours
Wednesday 4.30 – 6.30pm
and Saturday mornings
- Bachelor of Psychology – Curtin University 2008
Areas of Interest
- Grief and loss
- Relationship and family issues
- Stress and lifestyle balance
- Addictions and dependencies
- Workplace and organisational issues
Tuesday 4.30 – 6.30pm
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Australian Association of Psychologists
- Australian and New Zealand Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abuse
- (Late Adolescents – Adults)
- Sexual Orientation
- Gender Transitioning
- Sexual Addiction (Including Pornography)
- Intellectual Disabilities (including sexual issues)
- Sexual Offending
- Individuals who are worried about their own sexual thoughts but have not offended
- Alcohol and Drug Addiction
Gateway Psychological Services is located in Midland, Western Australia. Midland is considered to be the gateway to the Avon Valley and regional areas including the Wheatbelt.
The clinic is situated several minutes away from the beautiful Woodbridge Riverside Park and in close proximity to the picturesque Swan Valley.
Given the proximity to the Wheatbelt, regional clients are welcome. Skype sessions are available for those clients who due to their remote location cannot attend appointments in person. The clinic is also within walking distance of the Midland and Woodbridge train stations.
Contact us today to get started on your journey to health and wellbeing.